Please go through the following article to understand about Azure Functions.
- Introduction to Serverless computing using Azure Functions
- Ceate First Azure Function App
- Create Azure Timer Function using C#
After creating the Azure Function App, I noted that an Azure Storage Account got created as shown below in the Resource Group contents.
Let’s discuss about why and how this Storage Account is being used by the Azure Functions.
Click on the Storage Account name to navigate to the Storage Account as shown in the below screen capture.
To view the files that the Azure Function stores, click on the Files service as shown in the above screen capture.
Click on the File Share as shown in the above screen capture to view the folder.
You can view the following folders.
- Data – This folder stores the Host Configuration file and all the Function level configuration files of all the Azure Functions of the Function App.
- Log Files – This folder contains the Logs of all the Azure Functions. Below is an example of a Log file for one of the Azure Functions that we have created in our previous article Create First Azure Function App
- Site – This folder contains the Source Code of all the Azure functions.
That’s it. We have learned and explored the items that gets stored in the Storage Account which is created for the Function App.